Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Roses


And here's a block I've made into a pillow: sashed twice, backed, and stuffed. But here's the embellished block, at least. As you can tell, I really enjoy doing floral sprays on seams. And I like the sprays to go down into some or the patches, too. Can you tell I love flowers? I tend to kill them in the garden, so they are forever stitched onto fabric. They can't shrivle up die there. And I have some dried roses in my Strongs Concordance. It's the biggest book I've got for pressing flowers. Of course, they're all brown now, but they wer the ones DH gave me when we were dating 12 years ago. Hello!! Am I really that old?? Don't laugh at me!! Most of you reading this may have been married for 50 years and I'm complaing about a mere 10. Poop on me!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Absolutely gorgeous work done on these two pieces Kimberly. I love your composition and your flowers!

Unknown said...

Wow! Your work is exquisite!
I'm married to a VNV and understand the whole patriotic/support/worry thing.

Hang in there!
Nina in NH

Gerry said...

Your needle work on this block is fabulous! Just lovely.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful block. Your stitching is exquisite. Everyone who's been married 50 years had to be married 10 years first. =) I'm only at 40+