Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Garage sale junk made pretty


This is the center block of my wall hanging of all my favorite junk I've collected from garage sales. Ya know, you can find the best stuff at garage sales. Especially along the bead and jewelery line. I got two strings of semi-precious stones for .50 once, because the lady said it was cheep glass. And I was thinking to myself, "No, Honey, this is my prize and your loss!!" Gitty, I handed ove my mere .50 and left with $40 worth of stones!! Yay for me!! Yay Yay Yay!!

3 comments:

quiltlion said...

Love that Owl!!! Beautiful block! Lyn G

Anonymous said...

What a great block! Is this an ongoing project, a now and then project, when you've collected enough 'stuff'?

Jo in NZ said...

have I not come across your blog before?? These two blocks are gorgeous. Love the rouched flower (thanks for the tute, I never do them well, that no raw edges gets me every time)motif.

Your scrap bag quilt, about how large are the pieces you are using. Could you post a pic with something for comparison...a coin, or cell ph.

What a beautiful location you live in too. I am envious beyond belief.
:)