Monday, April 6, 2009

Challenge #4


Here is a wild flower (or maybe it's a weed - sure is a pretty one anyhow) I picked here in California. In Gorman California, actually. There are these little yellow daiseys, orange California poppies and the purple sage brush. Boy are those colors purely yummy next to each other in the spring. And all the green n the back ground, too. Nice!! And then there's this funny little lavendr fuzzy thing. I bet ya it's a weed, but I just wanted to throw it out to ya as a challenge. I thought the leaves were really interesting, too. If ya click on the picture you can see the leaves more closely. I guess you could straight stitch them. Or that tight feather stitch - I forget what it's called. Really fun for making leaves. The flower tuft could be french knotts with a whole bunch of stamen coming out. You coud coach a really cool yarn for the stem, or do my favorite - closely embroiderd stem stitches in a varigated color of green. Have fun!! Kim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I always think of it as some kind of thistle, but I have absolutely no basis for thinking that. =) It would be pretty in silk ribbon.