Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fairy sketch


Here's a sketch I'm going to follow for a woodsy fairy/fantesy wall hanging I'm bent on doing just for the heck of it. I love her cute butt. Wish I had a butt like that. LOL!! Her body will either be applequed with the tiniest of stitches or embroidered with small stitches, too. I'm thinking I'll find a really cool fleshy-pink fabric and appleque it for her body, and then use a blue silk thread to make her hair. I always thought blue hair would be really cool. I want blue hair, but maybe I'm too old for that. Anyhow, I just wanted to share my ideas. A lot of the fulliage will be SRE and appleque, and of course, you have tohave fire flies, bugs, bunnies, and all knds of woodsy creatures. This will be a fun art project.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you go blue and don't like it, you can always dye it something else. =) My son went blue for a long time. Of course, there were those who called him a Smurf. =) He was in his late 20s then.

Your fairy has great possibilities! I look forward to watching her develop.