Sunday, February 22, 2009

Bi-weekly challenge #1


Do you like to be challenged?? I do. I like to do it better today than I did yesterday. Whatever it is, I like to do it better. I'm my own challenger. I compete against myself all the time. So, I peraonally believe, to get better at something, you should challenge yourself to do it the best you can.


So every other week I thought I'd throw out a design for you to practice. You can either make it into a motif in the center of a patch, or turn it into a stitchery for a seam treatment. Whatever strikes your fancy. I'd also like to see what you do with the disigns I throw out there, so please e-mail me at kssemail@frazmtn.com and share your pictures. This is the bi-weekly design challenge #1!! Have fun!! Happy stitching to you!! I got this design form the journal I write in. It's a little doo-dad I saw in the corner of the paper.

4 comments:

Rebecca Halley said...

I accept your challenge! I embroidered this on my oldest son's teal and brown crazy quilt wall hanging. Pictures as soon as I finish it...give me a couple more days

tisme said...

I found your challenge, and am going to give it a try!! However I am headed off to bike week in Daytona tomorrow morning. So will start next week when I get home. I love CQing and will be doing this as a motif on a section.
Tammy

Anonymous said...

Love it! I will try it on something as soon as I decide what to stitch. Thanks for sharing, and it's a great idea!

gocrazywithme said...

Forgot to tell you, Kim, that I used this motif in a velvet CQ pillow top that I did for a friend to give to her friend. Pics are on my blog
http://gocrazywithme.blogspot.com
but you'll have to search back a month or so.
Janet in Colorado
(the other crazy mountain girl)