Sunday, September 7, 2008

Getting old, I guess

Oh my goodness!! You think I'd be able to go for a mere 1/2 hour jog. Y know!! I mean, I gave myself shin splints. SHIN SPLINTS!! On only a 1/2 hour jog. Now, take it, I hadn't done that kind of jogging for 7 years, an last time it was on straight city streets. I guess a 5 degree slope is major on the joints and shins, at that. But, HELLO!! I thought I could do it. I was having fun, too. Bopping along to up-beat music.

But then I took a spill on the stairs the day after, and landed right on my butt and layed there deciding weather I should move again. Something had jarred in my hip joint that shouldn't have. And so, I've been in my bed letting people do stuff for me all week. I was pretty pathetic. And in the worst pain ever. So painful, I was dizzy and felt like I was gunna puke my brains out. I painfully hobbled to the toilet a couple of times. Alleve became my friend. And Tylenol PM in the evenings became my buddy. And the chiropractor. Yay for thoughtful chiropractors. I'd still be in bed if it weren't for him.

I'm back to recovery. And I won't give up. I'll start jogging.............hmmmmm..............next year!! LOL. For now I'll just do the walking thing. And try not to fall on the stairs. After all, I'm not getting any younger. I'm old. 35. Old. Arthritic. Old. I'm old. I feel really really old.

No comments: